My cousin-in-law makes these delicious chocolatey morsels from heaven for family gatherings. These are Oreo truffles that are to die for! Super simple to make and even more simple to eat! The picture isn't the finished product, they aren't dipped yet... I was taking pictures with my phone and it died before I could get "after" pictures. Enjoy!!!
- 1 Package Oreo cookies (or store brand, I used store brand)
- 1 (8) ounce package of cream cheese
- Chocolate for dipping in (baker's chocolate or the bags of chocolate you get from Michael's or confections stores)
- In your food processor, finely grind the Oreo cookies down until it is a delicious hot mess similar to the consistency graham crackers you'd use to make a crust.
- In your Kitchenaid stand mixer, whip the cream cheese that you have hopefully let stand until room temperature. Add the Oreos a little at a time allowing each addition to mix.
- Put the mixture in the fridge for a couple hours to let it stiffen up. Then, pull the chocolate manna of the god's out and use a small cookie scooper to make balls. Roll them a little bit to make sure they won't fall apart. After your balls are made dip them in melted chocolate and allow to harden for an hour or so.
- When they are hardened up, go ahead and start munching... and curse me after you've eaten about 10 of them in a row.