- 2 1/2 to 3 Lbs chicken pieces (thigh, breast, drum) I used 2 large boneless chicken breasts instead
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 c whipping cream
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme, crushed
- 1 bay leaf (whole)
- Pinch of Saffron threads
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook chicken in hot butter for about 5 minutes on each side until it is browned. Drain off any fat (no fat if you use boneless chicken breast)
- In small mixing bowl, while chicken cooks, combine whipping cream, tomato paste, thyme, bay leaf and Saffron. Mix well with whisk.
- Pour cream mixture over chicken in skillet. Bring to a boil then reduce heat. Cover and simmer 30 to 35 minutes or until chicken is cooked to 180 degrees. Remove chicken from the skillet and keep warm. Boil sauce gently for about 5 minutes or until it reaches desired thickness. Discard the bay leaf.
- To serve, arrange chicken on platter (or plate) and spoon the sauce over the chicken.
I served this with chicken flavored rice and fresh asparagus (steamed). I spooned a little of the leftover sauce over the asparagus. Delish!