17 December 2009

Lebanese Chicken with Curry Couscous



OMG... this was absolutely the most fantastic chicken dish I have made in a really long time! I am stuffed, but still drooling at the thought of making this again. Rob thinks that it needs some spice to it, but I found it to be just perfect. I cheated with the couscous and got Far East Curry Couscous... perfect substitute and much quicker to make than curry couscous from scratch.

Please, if you are reading this... you absolutely must try this recipe... I want to make it again tomorrow!!! LOL

Ingredients:
  • Boneless, skinless chicken breast (I made 2, recipe calls for 4)
  • 1/3c chopped onion (I used white onion)
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 tbsp butter
  • 2tsp finely shredded orange peel
  • 1/2c orange juice
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/8 tsp ground allspice (I added a dash extra because I love the allspice)
  • 2 tbsp honey
  • Orange wedge and mint leaf (optional)
Directions:
  • In large skillet cook chicken, onion, garlic and butter over medium heat for about 6 minutes or until chicken is brown, turning once. Add orange peel, orange juice and salt to the skillet, cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Sprinkle cinnamon and allspice onto chicken and add some to the juice mixture, drizzle honey over chicken and into juice. Simmer on medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes, uncovered, until chicken is cooked through and sauce has reduced to a glaze type consistency.
  • Make couscous while chicken cooks
  • Serve a small mound of couscous with chicken breast on top and drizzle with extra sauce (I made enough sauce for the full recipe and Rob and I ate every bit of it... if you like saucier chicken then maybe add a touch more orange juice, honey and spices).

No comments: