23 December 2008

Cornish Game Hens


I haven't had Cornish hens since I was probably 14 years old. When Rob and I went grocery shopping a couple weeks ago they were on sale so we bought a package of them! I am intimidated a little bit by poultry other than boneless breasts. I was totally clueless how to prepare these babies, but I found directions online and went to work! They were super easy, I was surprised!

Ingredients
2 Cornish Game Hens
Butter
Poultry seasoning
Montreal seasoning

Directions
Preheat oven to 375.

Rub the hens with soft butter (on top of AND under the skin). Season with your chosen spices (I used the ones listed above). Put hens into a roasting pan and put a little water in the bottom. Place in oven and let bake for about 30 minutes, then you will want to start basting the birds (baste every 10-15 minutes). Total baking time is about 1 hour 15 minutes.

Let them stand for few minutes then serve them up.

SIDE NOTE:
Use the leftovers to make chicken stew or soup. YUM



No comments: