- 3/4 c raspberry jam
- 1 tbsp raspberry liquor or orange juice
- 3 oz semisweet chocolate
- 1 oz bittersweet chocolate
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbps brandy or orange juice
- 2.5 c whipping cream
- Chocolate curls or grated chocolate
- In a small saucepan, heat the jam over low heat until melted, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in raspberry liquor (I used raspberry brandy). Set aside and cool completely.
- For the whipping cream, I use heavy whipping cream bought in the dairy isle at the grocery store. I use 2.5 cups of it and put it into my kitchenaid mixer and whip until light and fluffy.
- After whipped cream is ready, in another small saucepan heat chocolate over low heat until melted and smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in honey and brandy (I actually used Grand Marnier). Then add 1 tbsp of the whipped cream and blend until well combined (the texture is really odd, don't worry). Transfer to a large bowl and set aside to cool.
- Remove 1 cup of the whipped cream and set it aside for later use.
- Stir about a half cup of whipped cream into the chocolate mixture to lighten it. After that, fold remaining whipped cream into chocolate until fully blended.
- Put mousse into parfait glasses or fancy individual serving bowls. Put into refrigerator to chill. Top with some of the remaining whipped cream, raspberry sauce and curled chocolate when serving.