24 March 2010

Cinnamon and Lime Chicken Fajitas

This was a delicious dinner. The aroma the chicken produces while baking is mouth watering... and when adding it to the skillet with everything else... wow. This is simply delicious when adding cheese and sour cream. Delish!

Ingredients
  • 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (2 whole breasts)
  • 1 tbsp ground cinnamon (I used extra cinnamon)
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 large baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
  • 1/4 c canola oil
  • 1 large yellow onion, chopped
  • 1 large garlic cloved, peeled and minced
  • 1 tbsp chopped jalapeno peppers
  • 1 lime, juiced
  • Tortillas
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F


Place potatoes in a shallow baking dish. Drizzly with about 1/2 the oil the recipe calls for and season with a touch of salt. Bake 30 to 40 minutes until tender.


Meanwhile, season the chicken with cinnamon, salt and pepper. Arrange in a separate baking dish and back about 30 minutes or until no longer pink and juices run clear (I cooked the chicken and potatoes at the same time on the same oven rack). When chicken is done allow it to cool enough to handle it and then shred it (I use 2 forks to shred).


In a skillet, heat remaining oil over medium heat and saute onion and garlic until tender. (I cooked the jalapeno with the onion and garlic, I don't think it made a difference)


After the onion and garlic is cooked, add in the shredded chicken, jalapeno and lime juice and cook until heated through.


The recipe called for corn tortillas, but I am not a huge fan of them so I used flower tortillas. Heat the tortillas and spoon the chicken mixture into them. I added sour cream and cheese to mine and it was heavenly. I also made homemade Mexican rice to serve on the side.










1 comment:

BREE said...

You show a pic of the potatoes but at what point are they incorporated into the dish? I don't see it referenced again after the picture in the oven.