- 1 c whole wheat or plain couscous (cooked)
- 2 c cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium cucumber, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 c snipped fresh chives
- 1/4 c snipped fresh Italian parsley (flat parsley)
- 1/4 c snipped fresh mint
- 1/4 c snipped fresh oregano
- 1/3 c balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 c olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 c crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 c coarsely chopped walnuts (toasted optional... I didn't toast mine)
- Cook couscous according to package instructions. Fluff with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine tomatoes, cucumbers, green pepper, chives, parsley, mint and oregano. Fold in couscous.
- In a small bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, olive oil, sugar, 1/2 tsp of salt and 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper. Pour over couscous mixture and toss to combine. Spoon into serving bowl or cover and chill up to 24 hours.
- When serving, top with feta cheese and walnuts.