- 3 c fresh strawberries (halved or quartered depending on size)
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 c strawberry jam
- Sea salt and fresh black pepper
- Boneless chicken breasts (however many you'd like to make, recipe calls for 6, I made 4)
- Fresh Mozzarella ball cut in thick slices (I used 1 large ball for 4 breasts)
- 6-8 large basil leaves
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In 3 quart baking dish combine strawberries, vinegar and jam. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Cut horizontal pocket into each chicken breast by cutting from side to side, but not through to the other side. Wrap 1-2 basil leaves around mozzarella cheese slice and stuff into pocket cut into chicken breast. Secure pockets closed using a toothpick or skewer. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a 12 inch oven safe skillet, cook garlic in oil over medium heat for 30 seconds. Add chicken. Cook the chicken for 5 minutes on each side until golden brown. Bake uncovered for 5 minutes. Add the baking dish with strawberry mixture to oven. Bake mixture and chicken an additional 15 minutes (or longer, until chicken is no longer pink and strawberries are softened).
- Serve chicken with strawberry mixture spooned over the top and sprinkle with fresh chopped basil.