- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (2 whole breasts)
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon (I used extra cinnamon)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 large baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 c canola oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 large garlic cloved, peeled and minced
- 1 tbsp chopped jalapeno peppers
- 1 lime, juiced
Place potatoes in a shallow baking dish. Drizzly with about 1/2 the oil the recipe calls for and season with a touch of salt. Bake 30 to 40 minutes until tender.
Meanwhile, season the chicken with cinnamon, salt and pepper. Arrange in a separate baking dish and back about 30 minutes or until no longer pink and juices run clear (I cooked the chicken and potatoes at the same time on the same oven rack). When chicken is done allow it to cool enough to handle it and then shred it (I use 2 forks to shred).
In a skillet, heat remaining oil over medium heat and saute onion and garlic until tender. (I cooked the jalapeno with the onion and garlic, I don't think it made a difference)
After the onion and garlic is cooked, add in the shredded chicken, jalapeno and lime juice and cook until heated through.